Wednesday 1 December 2010

A White December?

Today is the first of December and there is a lot of snow on the ground! The snow has kept falling all day and is the beautiful not-been-touched snow in places. Bliss. The whole of my area and the nearby city has stood to a standstill; the snow is so deep! Up to the waist in areas! This provides a whole lot of problems - people can't leave their driveway, buses stop working and the only way to get places is to walk through knee high snow at the lowest. But, at the same time this provides lots of fun... snowball fights, snow angels, building snowmen and burying things in the snow; great fun. Yes, the snow does have a way of making me feel like a little child again...I love it!
Today, we had to trek to the shops to buy food and supplies. It was greeat fun - we joined the masses to walk along the abandoned roads, with bag packs and reusable bags ready for the journey back with the goods!
Also the fact it's the first of December brings a whole load of excitement... I mean it's only 24 days till Christmas! Giddiness overload. I may just have to go calm down by thinking of all the presents I have left to buy...oops!
as you may have gathered I’m still at home, and not having to find a safe way to get anywhere, means work has taken the backburner...do I really need to spend all this time off working?! I think not. And anyways I’ve definitely got tomorrow off anyway so what's the rush?
I’m now off to wallow in my smugness of a near week at home relaxing...bye bye
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Awww..all that snowtalk is making me jealous :-). I need to start buying Christmas presents for my friends...I always procrastinate..oops!xxoxoxoo

    P.S. Yes, come to Hawaii and switch places with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! We hardly ever have it like this apart from last year. :)
    i know, me and my friends aren't doing presents this year, we're all dressing up and going for a nice meal. :) which means new outfit eek!
    I've still got family presents though.
    xxxx

    PS. I would! I'd love it with all the sunshine! But I don't think you'd like it here when the snow goes! haha

    ReplyDelete