Monday 8 November 2010

Step Into The Past

Recently I’ve had a growing obsession for two vintage inspired items: the satchel bags and the brogue shoes. I’ve always loved vintangy things but I’ve never really found a trend that I really love this much; sometimes it has been a half hearted acceptance or in some I get the excited fluttery feeling in my stomach. But these items, I have whole heartedly embraced. I just hope they stay in fashion for a few more seasons!
The satchel bag will always have a place in my heart, ranging from the intricate, elaborate designer bags to the high street alternatives. My dream bag would be a designer one, as I think it would last longer and I would feel a more sense of pride through it. strange I know, but hey ho. alternatively, I have at the moment two high street varieties at the moment - and I love them :D both are tan, which I’ve got to say is my favourite colour. I’ve also got into the customizing mode recently, so my newest bag has a ribbon and button creation pinned to it; it is now guaranteed this bag is different from everyone else’s version. The result is happy me!
Brogue shoes. Where to start? When the first surfaced I wasn't a big fan I must admit, I felt they were to manly and that they would look ridiculous on me. So I observed the budding trend from afar. I admired the shoes that fashion trendsetters such as sienna miller, feared cotton and Emma Watson wore, but never thought that I would indulge in it. However here I am, the proud owner of a pair of brogues. :) And I do love them. my version are the grey, canvas variety which have a lovely rose print insoles - so I feel they are still feminine for me whilst still embracing the trend. Next, I hope to find a pair of leather brogues that I will treasure with the same care...but until then I have my own :)
So that's it... my favourite two vintagey fashion essentials at the moment. Just thought I’d share them with you, maybe it will persuade you to invest in them but if not you can begin to admire from afar. Simples :)
Step Into The Past

1 comment:

  1. I love satchel bags! I think they're so chic! And I haven't tried brogue shoes yet but they look amazing on other girls! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete